Saturday, October 27, 2012

A moment to brag...

Ok..I just have to post about some awesomeness I've stumbled upon lately.

I mentioned the video monitor we got such a great deal on ($70 to be exact) in my last post, well I got the extra camera, that will go in the nursery for $20.50! I couldn't hardly believe it. Not only was the price amazing, but it's brand new and comes with a warranty.

I got the double curtain rod I needed for the nursery earlier in the week. I got it on sale for $35.00 and thought that was a great price. Well, I get an ad in the mail from another store (the day after I bought it) and they have the exact same rod on clearance and the ad included a $5 off coupon. So I returned the original one I bought and purchased the other one for $15.00! Cha-ching!! :)

Ok, so off we go to my favorite hardware store to get the paint for the nursery. I am doing two different colors and then because I'm a tight wad and don't want to pay the $120 for the wall mural I fell in love with, I'm just going to paint it by hand myself. Which means we had to get an additional color of paint. My husband was not at all excited about having to purchase 3 gallons of paint when there was no way all of it would get used...but he was supportive. I had put in my order for the 2 colors I knew I wanted and was still up in the air about the mural color (thinking maybe I should get a color that could be used for something else, just so I wasn't wasting all that paint). As I was standing at the counter contemplating, my husband is roaming the area to not bare witness to my madness. I catch him waving his arms in the air from across the counter, trying to get my attention. I walk over and he points to a discounted gallon of paint and says, "Isn't this the color you were talking about the other day?" Oh. My. Gosh. there it was in all it's glory...the paint color I wanted already mixed in a $37.00 gallon of paint...marked down to $10.00! Check please!!

So, we get home tonight and start working on dinner. I had found what looked to be yummy recipe on Pinterest the other day so we decided to give it a whirl tonight. It's called Firehouse Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta and here's the link to the recipe. It was so good! I'm hoping to get it digested before bed so I can have more. lol. My husband has had a lot of dishes in his days and can be hard to impress but he hasn't hardly stopped talking about how good it is. It's that good. ;)

After dinner was done, I checked my email to learn that I "won" a pair of shoes I had bid on for Ethan. According to the description they were only worn a few times and are in EUC. $9.00 for basically brand new Nike Reax is crazy!! Especially since they run +$50.00 brand new.

I feel like I should go buy a lottery ticket! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment