Friday, October 19, 2012

We're having a....BOY!!

We are over the moon with excitement with expecting another boy. He was being a little booger and we were beginning to think we weren't going to get to find out. He is so active and moving non stop and had his legs crossed almost the entire time. The tech was quick and noticed they were separated and went in for a peek and was able to confirm his male parts. At first I wasn't 100% sure because it was so easy to tell with Ethan but not this time. However when they handed us our pictures, there was a shot of it and it is very obvious. This one is already showing signs of being like his momma. :)  The ultrasound showed everything was great and baby was right on track, with a heart beat of 148bpm and weighing in at 13 oz.

20 weeks 4 days
 
We decided on names back during our trying to conceive process. Our boy name was easy, we knew we wanted to name him after some pretty amazing people. We came up with the perfect name, Elliott Levon. I get teared up every time my husband says his name during prayers. The name Elliott is my husband's late father's middle name and is also his grandmother's maiden name. The name Levon is my late grandfather's middle name (which was the name he went by).

Cute as a bug
I had been looking at bedding ideas for almost two weeks and I was so excited when my hubby looked at the 'options' today and said, "Lets get that one...and go ahead and order it". I couldn't believe it, since he is usually the "there's no hurry" type. He said, if we know what we want, we might as well just get it. He knows me so well. :) I love it!! The walls will be light blue and I will be painting a mural on the wall. I can't wait to get started.

Since I can't leave Ethan out we are also upgrading his room into a 'big boy' room. He is so excited, especially since it will be a baseball theme. Ever since we talked about it and he decided on what he wanted to do, he has asked if 'today' is when we are putting baseball bats in his room.

Speaking of his room...we found an amazing deal on a video monitor and since it was on my wish list we went ahead a bought it. I wanted one specifically for his room so I can tell when he's out of bed (I had several times mistaken his kicks against the wall as being up playing and went in only to discover he was still in bed...DOH!!!). Well, we got the monitor today and I love it. Better yet, we can add a camera in the nursery and use the same monitor for both rooms. Winning!!! :)

20 wks
I will finish off this post with my 20 week belly pic. I'm feeling great and couldn't ask for more. I gained more weight this month then I would have really liked but the doctor didn't seem concerned about it so I guess I won't be either. We did go have breakfast right before my appointment but I didn't eat THAT much. lol. Oh yea...and we scheduled our family/maternity pictures. I told the hubby, these moments need to be captured by a professional and not by the timer. So excited!

2 comments: