Friday, October 5, 2012

Busy busy busy!

Busy is the only word  I know to describe the past few weeks. Busy with photography sessions, trips out of town, doctor's appointments, a remodeling project in our kitchen, and just life in general. It's so hard to believe it's already October.

We received a free standing stove/oven so that is what got the remodeling project rolling. We had a 30+ year old built in stove/oven so we had to cut out cabinets to be able to fit our "new" stove in. Since we had tile laid when we moved in that meant there was no tile under the stove now. So, since we would hire the tile guys again to come in we figured we might as well do the other project in the same area so they could tile everything at the same time. The stove part was easy...the other project has been quite the undertaking. Our utility/laundry "closet" was in the kitchen/dining area so we decided to open up space we would move the laundry to the basement. We had to knock out walls, rerun electrical, plumbing and venting. My husband made a trip up into the attic to determine where the new lighting would be mounted and quickly discovered a LOT of spiders. So all work stopped until we could get pest control out to take care of our 'friends'. Work begins again tomorrow to finish up lighting and then the sheet rocker comes Tuesday...and will come everyday for 4 days. UGH!! Then time for the tilers to come in. It will be so worth it when it's done. The best part...I get to repaint the dining/kitchen. :)

We are hoping to get everything done in the next week and a half because once we find out the sex of the baby at our appointment on the 18th it's go time for the nursery. When I was picking out paint for the kitchen, I went ahead and picked out the paint for the nursery. I can't wait to see the ideas I have come to life. Eeeeekkkk...so excited just thinking about it.

I've really been struggling with the care for Ethan when baby gets here but after an unexpected long talk, I'm relieved to know that I can trust our wishes and requests will be respected...and he will only be a few minutes from the hospital. It is such an answered prayer and I'm so thankful I can finally relax and enjoy this pregnancy without that worry. Since I'm so OCD and like everything planned out, I'm confident that between plan A, B, C, D and E we've covered everything. ;)

On a very exciting note, papa bear got to feel baby the other night. I was so shocked, as was he. I had mentioned to him earlier in the week that I was surprised I hadn't felt the baby anymore often then I had been. I'm guessing it's just because I'm so busy and don't have a ton of time to just sit and pay attention to every little quick and quiver. After my dessert the other night, which consisted of a butterfinger fun size candy bar, baby was going crazy so I put my hand on my belly and couldn't believe I could feel it on the outside too. I told papa bear so he had to get in on the fun. Within a few short seconds he looked at me and said, "Oh my gosh, I felt that...oh and again...etc". This went on for a couple minutes. I love his excitement and desire to be a part of my pregnancies.

On a sad note, Ethan has decided he is to big to call us "Momma or Dada", he only calls us "Mommy or Daddy" and corrects us if we say the other. :( It makes me so sad that he is growing up so fast. No matter what he calls us, I will always call him my baby!!

No comments:

Post a Comment