Friday, December 14, 2012

Good results...

We had our doctor's appointment yesterday and all seems to be well. I had my glucose tolerance test so we had to get to the lab 15 min before my appointment so I could drink that oh so yummy drink (blahhh...so gross). After gagging it down we get signed in with our doctor and are informed she is running about 15 minutes behind. No biggie...that is normal for her. Our appointments go pretty quick once we are in the room so as long as I was able to get back to the lab within the hour I didn't mind the wait...I wasn't going any where anyway. 30 minutes passed and we were still waiting in the waiting room. Oy...it's going to be one of those days, I thought to myself. There is a 60" TV that sits on the check in counter and it has all the doctors in the clinic listed and shows whether they are on time or delayed, and if delayed by how long. Surprise surprise....my dr is now running 1 hour and 20 minutes behind. We figured she had a delivery. When my hour was just about up, we notified the front desk and ran back to the lab for my blood draw. Then back to the waiting room. (Come to find out their computer system was down, so they couldn't see any patients)

Finally they called my name and we were able to get on with the show. Got weighed in and then taken to my room. Blood pressure done. The nurse had my name labels which she writes my vitals down on and was entering stuff into the computer when I look down and see what she wrote my weight down as. Holy bug eyes!!! There is no way that is right. My blood pressure was a little low for me but I figured that was because I was feeling nauseous from the lovely glucose drink. After the nurse left the room I began my tirade about 'my weight'. This has been a topic for the past 3 months so I didn't want to seem crazy but there is just no way that is right. I weighed myself, fully dressed, before we left the house and our scale is always within a few pounds of the doctors office. Not 10 pounds different!!! My husband begged me not to say anything to the doctor and just let it play out in two weeks when we go back. I am preparing for the discussion in two weeks when it's going to look like I've lost weight. Ugh!

Since we had to wait so long to see the doctor the lab had completed my CBC and had the results entered into the computer. She said my iron showed in the 'abnormal' range (low) but the 'normal' range is for non pregnant and being pregnant it can be 'one point lower'. So then it should be between 11-? (I can't remember what the top number is). Mine is 11.7 so right now I don't have to take an iron supplement, like I had to do with Ethan. Also, my RBC, hematocrit and lymphocytes are low and my neutrophil absolute is high. My dr didn't seem to concerned about anything but in my 'professional' observation/opinion it seems like I may be getting ready to get sick and that my body is trying to fight it off already.

Doctor checked my belly and baby is head down. I was pretty sure of that since my ribs have become like a soccer ball. The other night he was very active so I had the hubs put his fingers on my belly, where all the action was going on. It was so funny, as Michael would push on my belly, Elliott would kick back..this went on for a couple minutes. All I could think about was how this could be a sign of how his personality is going to be...the 'don't push me or tell me what to do' kind. lol!

I am basically done with shopping for Christmas, with the exceptions of some 'bag filler' aka candy. I have one thing to make for Ethan then I'm all done!! Woo hoo!!

I close with my monthly belly pic.

No comments:

Post a Comment