Saturday, December 1, 2012

Hello 3rd Trimester!!

Well here I am...rounding 3rd base, heading towards home (aka baby). So excited!

I would be lying if I didn't admit to having my panic moments but all in all, I can't wait to hold my precious lil guy in my arms. I love carrying my babies in my womb and I love holding them in my arms, it's the process from point a to point b that gets me. Even though I've been through this once and had a basic text book perfect labor and delivery, all the unknowns get my heart racing. I'm confident everything will be just fine, yet it's still unnerving to think about the process to get my little guy in my arms.

During our labor and delivery tour we learned that we would be in "recovery" for 2 hours after delivery. Wow...we only had 1 hour with Ethan before they moved us to our post partum room. We know we want that first hour to be just the 3 of us. That time is so precious and can never be gotten back. We used that time with Ethan to nurse and just spend time being a family. I savored every minute we had and can still remember it like it was yesterday. Elliott deserves that same time. We decided during the 2nd hour we wanted Ethan to come in and us spend time as a whole family. They will not let Ethan in the 'recovery' room without another adult in the room, so someone can help with him and still allow hubby to tend to me and the baby. We figured there would be no way to pick just one person to come in with him, so family and friends will get to take turns coming in to 'help' and meet our new bundle.  Obviously if I deliver in the wee hours of the morning, Ethan will meet his brother after he gets up. :)

I have been feeling pretty good. I have completed my 6 weeks of physical therapy on my back and it feels awesome. I am truly amazed at the difference it made. My nose bleeds are better, minus the one I had yesterday, but it wasn't to bad. I now have a head cold so that is making things interesting. I refuse to blow my nose on the side that is prone to the bleeds but thankfully the congestion and pressure hasn't been to bad. I had some fairly painful round ligament pains earlier in the week. Followed by a pain in my groin that hurt so bad I couldn't hardly walk. I'm guessing he is having a growth spurt and my body is just trying to keep up. Who knows!?! I also started having braxton hicks, which I am not to excited about. I didn't have them this early with Ethan and since my body knows what to do already, I don't like having them at this stage. Just one more thing to think and worry about. I increased my fluid intake and it has seemed to help. Of course that means I've increased my trips to the bath room too. lol.

We had our family/maternity pictures taken. Things didn't go exactly as planned but I am loving how they turned out. Here's a few:


No comments:

Post a Comment