Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Prayers!

We survived and had very merry Christmas.  The only part I really dread about the holidays is the increased risk of spreading illnesses. When I was 30 weeks pregnant with Ethan I was 'lucky' enough to get a nasty stomach bug that landed me a trip to L&D, where I received 3 bags of fluids and the news that the throwing up and dehydration caused my cervix to start dilating. I have prayed for months that myself and my family would remain healthy this holiday season. Well...it just wasn't in the cards for us this year. :(

My hubby was restless throughout the night on Christmas eve, so when we woke up Christmas morning and he was overly tired we just figured it was because he didn't get good sleep. As the day went on he grew more and more fatigue so by 3:00 he was beyond ready for nap. After we arrived at our second and final stop for the day, he went in and laid down sleeping for almost 2 hours. Once he got up and walked into the living room where we were all sitting it was very apparent that he didn't feel well. I touched his face and he was burning up...fever of 102.6 to be exact. I didn't want to go home until it came down since we were only 20 minutes from the hospital at that point and if we went home we would be an hour and fifteen minutes from the hospital. After dosing him up with Tylenol, putting him in quarantine down stairs, forcing fluids down his gullet and getting him to eat some jello then waiting 2 hours, his temp lowered to 100.5. We were confident it was going in the right direction so we made the trek home.

He slept all night but didn't feel much better today. His temp was back up to 101.5 so we started him back on the regime of Tylenol and decided he would not be going with me to my doctors appointment. I was full of mixed emotions. I knew he had no business going but he had gone with me to all my appointments, with this pregnancy and during the pregnancy with Ethan. I was confident everything would be ok but so many what ifs were going through my mind. Thankfully my mother-in-law was already planning on coming over to watch Ethan, so he was able to stay in bed and just focus on resting.

Meanwhile at the doctors office, after getting weighed in and situated in the room the nurse compared my numbers to two weeks ago and about came unglued when my weight showed I lost 6 pounds. LOL!! I explained how it had been entered wrong two weeks ago and she finally calmed down. Doctor measured me...right on track, listened to baby...healthy 160 bpm, great blood pressure...124/62. Then I told her I thought he had flipped and was currently in the breech position, so she said lets see. Sure enough, he has flipped. Great!! ::insert sarcasm:: Doctor is confident he will flip back but said she wouldn't get to concerned about it until 34 weeks. She said her concern is the fact that he is so low already and the strength of the contractions I'm having. They are not regular but they are intense and lasting a couple minutes at a time. When I told her about hubby being sick and asked what applied differently to me being pregnant then someone who wasn't. She said, if I was to get sick and my temp reached 102' then I was to go straight into L&D...no ifs, ands, or butts about it.

Then, this evening before Ethan and I could get through dinner, he told me he didn't feel well. I took his temp and sure enough...102.1. Ugh!! I hope he and the hubby get to feeling better ASAP and that I am lucky enough to not get sick at all. I ask for your prayers for not only that I stay healthy but that the contractions subside and I am able to continue this pregnancy for several more weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment