Friday, June 22, 2012

Celebrate...

Just wanted to give a quick update...

The nurse at my Dr. office called me today with the results from yesterday's HCG beta check. She said it came back at 16.6. Initially she was concerned with the number, stating it was low. To my surprise, I wasn't concerned...probably because I spent some time with 'Mr. Google' last night trying to research all I could about HCG levels in early pregnancy. From what I found at 3 weeks pregnant, a "normal" HCG level ranges between 5 - 50.

I informed the nurse that I was only 10DPO yesterday and her response was, "Oh, then that's probably about right for as early as you are". She sounded as anxious as I am about my second draw scheduled on Monday. LOL!

I'm feeling super positive though. I took another HPT today and the line was darker today then it was yesterday. Already the lines are darker now then they ever were in February. YAY!!

As you know by now, I'm always thinking and planning something. So I've been thinking about how and when to tell our family. Of course I probably won't be able to hold it in much longer from my family. I'm basically just waiting on the right time to take my digital HPT and for it to display the wonderful word...PREGNANT!! I don't want to waste it so I will probably wait to take it till after I get the results from Monday's blood draw. As for my hubby's family...here's what I'm thinking. When we announced the news with Ethan, it was when family was visiting from out of town for the 4th of July holiday. So since family will again be visiting for the holiday...how fun would it be to announce again...and with the same due date.  Who knows...there's plenty of time to decide between now and then. In the end, it's when ever the hubby is comfortable announcing it. I will say...having the blood work come back to confirm really helped it to sink in with him. :)

Oh...and one last thing...I asked Ethan, yesterday, if he wanted to be a big brother, and he said, "Uh huh"...nodding his head yes. I said do you want a baby sister or baby brother...his response was, "baby sister". :)  How sweet is that. Of course I had to ask him again today and his answer was still the same. He sure knows how to make my heart sing.

Thankful for my many blessings...

No comments:

Post a Comment