Thursday, June 21, 2012

Special Day...

This cycle as been so off from my normal cycles. Between my temps being higher then normal and my ovulation day being in question I didn't even know what to think of this cycle.

I tried not to put to much thought into this cycle, for other reasons as well. When we got pregnant with Ethan it was during the month of May. So many thoughts have been going through my head...wouldn't it be cool if..., oh, what if...I wonder if..., etc. I took an HPT on Father's Day, June 21st in 2009 and got a positive and was really hoping to be able to do that again, but that wasn't going to happen because Father's Day was early this year. So I began to 'get real' with myself.

I was convinced I wasn't going to have any symptoms this month. Even if I had some, I wasn't going to pay any attention to them. On CD22...holy sore boobs!!! I didn't even want my husband to look at them, let alone touch them. This has been the case since. Yesterday I took a HPT and of course it was negative. Then last night a massive vein appears on my left boob and I think to myself, "where the hell did that come from". So this morning...June 21st (CD26) I took another HPT and it was a super faint positive. Did you catch that...A BFP!!!! I began to get excited but I'm trying to remain realistic. So 1.5 hours later I couldn't resist and had to take another test. This time I took a different HPT and just for fun, did an OPK too. ::picture cartoon character eyes popping out of a head, with a Ford Model T horn honking:: Both very positive.

Ok, that sealed the deal for me. I put a call into my OB to see what the game plan should be, but wanted to make sure they kept our appointment on July 2nd, in case something happened between now and then. The nurse returned my call in less then 15 min and informed me my Dr wanted me to come in for a beta check today and then again on Monday to make sure my 'levels' were increasing.  So, since no one who lives close to us knows of our 'trying' and my hubby was working, I didn't have a choice but to take Ethan with me to have my blood drawn. He did so good so afterwards we went to eat lunch with Dada. The nurse suspected she would have the results within 4 hours and she would let me know the results as soon as she had them. I'm not expecting her to call today but looking forward to her call in the morning.

Until then, we celebrate this little life and pray for a healthy happy 9 months!!!

P.S. My EDD is 3.3.13...and for the record Ethan's EDD was 3.3.10 ~ CRAZY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment