Wednesday, June 13, 2012

What the...

Just when I think I've got something figured out...WHAM...curve ball. Ugh!!

This cycle has been very different then the past eight. My temps have been high, for me, and I'm so confused as to why. I mentioned something to my hubby a week ago about it but figured they would come down the closer to 'O' time. NOPE...of course not...that would be to easy. For what ever reason I started testing with my OPKs on CD9. I don't know why I started testing so early, I guess I just had this urge to pee on something...lol. CD14 finally arrives and I pee on one OPK just before lunch...it's almost positive but not quite. Then I peed on my evening one at 7ish and it is definitely a positive...woo hoo!! On CD15 both tests were positive and I had cramping (on my left side...like always). I was sure it was 'O' day. So CD16 comes and my morning test is darker then I expected but not really a positive and by the evening test it's for sure a negative. Wham bam thank you ma'am...our timing couldn't have been better...but that's not really any different then the past 9 months.

Then CD17 arrives and a huge temp drop...what the??? That has never happened and doesn't make any sense. I think to myself, well the A/C wasn't on, the windows weren't open and I was sleeping in the same thing I had been for several days. ((I try to change as little as possible about my environment when 'O' day is approaching.)) Sure I probably slept with my mouth open...but that is definitely something that I do every night. So I figured...maybe it's because I only got 4.5 hours of sleep, the night before. Even though I know, less sleeps equals higher temps, it was the only thing that was different and out of the ordinary.

So today, CD18...an increase in my temps but not even back up to where they were. So tonight I decided to pee on another stick (I just ordered more that will be here Monday anyway so what could it hurt). It wasn't quite positive but it looked exactly like the morning test did on CD14. So I logged on to Fertility Friend (FF) and put in some dummy temps, with a slight increase for the next few days, to see what it would say/show. It doesn't give my 'cross hairs' until Monday, showing 'O' day as today...and they are dotted to boot. If you don't chart I'm totally speaking gibberish right now...but in layman's terms 'cross hairs' are a vertical and horizontal line on a BBT chart. The vertical line signifies when your 'projected' ovulation day was and the horizontal line (aka cover line) is just for visual purposes. Generally, as long as your temps stay above the cover line (which is .10 degrees above your highest temp for the last 6 temps prior to ovulation) it shows a shift in your temps (which is necessary for ovulation) and you're more likely to be pregnant. Dotted cross hairs says things aren't adding up but here's our best guess. [click the link on the right titled "My Chart" to see my chart and get an idea of what I'm talking about]

I'm so beyond frustrated!!

On a different note...I had my follow up Dr appointment, regarding my ER visit almost 2 weeks ago. This was the first time I had met this Dr so I didn't know what to expect. He looks a tad dorky but he is super nice. I appreciated him being straight forward and saying..."here's what it could be...here's why I don't think it's this...here's why I think it's this...here's the treatment plans for possibility A, B and C". He acknowledged and respected our fertility journey and said we would fit treatment around my cycles. I was impressed and felt at ease when we left. He, like the ER Dr, thinks it's an ulcer. He said it could still be my gall bladder but not likely. He said not stones but possibly 'sludge'. The plan is to finish my prescription of Prevacid and give it time to get out of my system to see if my symptoms return. If they don't..yahoo...problem solved and should it return it likely could be treated with OTC meds. Definitely best case scenario. If my symptoms return, I will go in for an upper GI (aka scope). Being slightly sedated, then have a tube/camera stuck down my throat to view the damage/confirm the ulcer and to get sample tissue to test for the bacteria that is known to cause the peptic ulcer. If that test confirms the ulcer I will be put on 'several rounds of strong antibiotic...meaning 2-3 different kinds at a time...for several weeks'. Ugh...ok...not my favorite scenario but do able. If the scope doesn't show anything, testing will be done to further check my gall bladder. Yee Haw...no thanks!! Praying for a simple, quick recovery.

No time for these praying knees to get lazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment